Can you recover my wallet?
Whether I can recover your wallet depends on why you are unable to access it:
- If you’re unable to access funds because you are unable to open the wallet file, but have the correct password, there is a very good chance I can help.
- If you have the wallet on a broken desktop/laptop/phone, but the device is not completely destroyed, I may be able to help. You may need to send the hard drive/phone to me by mail. I will either repair it myself or pay for professional repair service.
- If you know had the wallet on your computer, but the software is now gone or broken, the wallet may still on your computer. Uninstalling wallet software from your computer will almost always leave the wallet in place.
- If you’re unable to open the wallet because you forgot the password, but the password is under 8 characters, I can crack it by brute force.
- If you have a good wallet with a strong password, but you have an idea what of what the password might be, the chance of success is 50/50.
- If you have a good wallet, a strong password, and no idea what the password might be, the probability is close to 0%. Sorry.
- If your Bitcoin was stolen, I can’t help you. However, if the theft occurred after one of the Bitcoin forks (Bitcoin Cash, Gold, Diamond, etc), you may still be able to claim coins based on the Bitcoins you held.
- If you purchased some Bitcoins a few years ago, but you don’t where they are or anything else about them, there’s nothing I can do for you, sorry. Please try to do some research on which wallet you used.
How do you recover my wallet?
Please read our guide:
Why should I trust you?
I recognize that handing over a crypto wallet to an Internet stranger involves a great deal of trust. I can provide three kinds of assurances that your property rights will be respected:
Our wallet recover service is bound by a legal contract available here. If you send me the wallet, and shortly after, you see activity on your address that you did not authorize, you will be able to hold me responsible. Since my identity is public, you can hold me legally responsible for unauthorized use of your funds. I don’t want to go to jail. You can also request a signed legal contract with your name and Bitcoin address.
- I am have been a public Bitcoin speaker and writer since 2013, as you will find from a Google Search for my name.
- I can arrange a call with one of my other customers or (if the value you are attempting to recover is substantial) well-known “celebrities” in the Bitcoin space who can vouch for me.
- My reputation as a trustworthy non-profit executive and Bitcoin advocate is public and valuable to me.
- If you google for the name of this website, you will find a number of testimonials vouching for my service.
I can recover your Bitcoin in person:
You are welcome to meet me in person at the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy so that we can attempt recovery together, if practical, on your own equipment.
How are you different from other wallet recovery services?
You will receive a reply to your message within a few hours with further instructions. If the probability of recovery is high (see the first question), you can usually get your coins back within 24-48 hours. Other services have publicly stated times as long as three weeks.
A real person:
You can call me, meet me in person or by Skype, and have a conversation about your situation.
What happens after you recover my wallet?
I will ask you to specify a new address to immediately receive your funds. Alternatively, I can advise you on how to securely store your coins at no charge.
Do you do anything besides wallet recovery?
Which currencies/wallets can you recover?
I will attempt to recover any wallet and any currency, as long as the value of the wallet is non-trivial.
Will you keep my coins safe and my information confidential?
If your coins are recovered, your coins will be stored using security best practices using a protocol I developed for securing substantial amounts of crypto assets. See “Essential Security Practices to Keep Your Bitcoin Safe” for details.
Your information will be kept absolutely confidential.
I can’t login to my Blockchain.info wallet. Can you help?
To access the funds you have on Blockchain.info, you MUST have either the backup phrase or your wallet identifier + password. If you don’t have those things, I cannot help you. If you have an idea of what the password might be, I can help you. If you have most of your backup phrase (because you forgot to write down a word) I can probably help you. See the Blockchain.info support page for details.
I sent my Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash Wallet (or vice versa).
I can recover your Bitcoin if you have the private key for the destination wallet. If you are sending to any exchange, such as Coinbase or BitPay, you need to contact their customer support. If you sent coins to the wrong currency in your own wallet, I can probably help.
I need help buying/selling/trading Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies on an exchange.
You can hire me to consult on exchange operations or most other cryptocurrency related matters. I do not buy or sell Bitcoin directly, but I can help you buy or sell anywhere from a $20 dollars to tens of millions in Bitcoin.
Can you help me with Coinbase, BitPay, Kraken, or another exchange?
No, I help people with their wallets. If you need help with an exchange, please contact customer support.
Who are you?
David Veksler. Several employees and contractors work on this service, but your Bitcoin wallet will be handled exclusively by me. In some cases, your wallet will be outsourced to a mining pool in order break an especially difficult wallet password. In that case, I will personally guarantee the safety of your funds.
How can I contact you securely?
Message me via Signal (install from Signal.org) at +1 214-659-1775.